We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf for a fixed fee:
- We will identify the legally appointed executors and beneficiaries.
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require.
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application.
- Prepare the Statement of Truth and IHT 205/IHT400 tax forms as applicable.
- Prepare a schedule of assets and liabilities for your approval.
- Apply to the Probate Registry for the Grant of Representation.
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you.
- Provide you with the Grant to collect and distribute all the assets in the estate.
How much does this service cost?
- Our fixed fee for IHT205 is £950 plus VAT (£1140 inclusive of VAT) plus disbursement.
- Our fixed fee for IHT400 is £1250 plus VAT (£1500 inclusive of VAT) plus disbursements.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees.
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Probate Registry court fees currently £155.
- Sealed copies of the Grant of Representation @ £1.50 each.
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary).
How long will this take?
As soon as we are provided with the date of death, and all of the values of the assets and liabilities we can prepare everything within 2 weeks, to arrange the swear and submit the application to the Probate Register and/or HMRC. Once the application has been submitted to the Probate Registry the Grant of Probate should be delivered within 3 weeks.