Private Client Solicitor or Legal Executive
The role includes a range of tasks in the following areas of law:
- Probate and Wills;
- Inheritance Tax liability;
- Powers of Attorney and registering LPAs and EPAs; and
- Elderly Client Matters.
You will be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive (who is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives) with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
Having previously managed your own heavy caseload, you will have the ability to generate your own business in order to add value to the practice and have experience of Trust work.
You will be very well organised, self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise. In addition, you will have excellent client skills and pay attention to detail.
STEP Membership is desirable.
- Estate planning and Will drafting including advising on Inheritance Tax and Business Property Relief, Agricultural Property Relief and Charity Relief; life interest and discretionary trusts; protection of minors’ interests and those of vulnerable beneficiaries;
- Advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) and preparation and registration of LPAs and Enduring Powers of Attorney and Deputyship Orders;
- Managing and running clients’ financial affairs under LPAs on behalf of the Attorney and under Deputyship Orders;
- Advising on the Inheritance Tax implications of gifting, including deliberate deprivation of capital, reservation of benefits and POAT rules;
- Advising on and drafting trusts;
- Negotiating with the tax authorities;
- Managing probate estates including intestacies; and
- Preparing and completing Estate Accounts.
Preferred but not essential experience:
- Advising on succession of overseas assets and domicile;
- Dealing with disputes involving estates and trusts: and
- Attending Networking Events and general marketing of Private Client work through social media, seminars etc.
If you feel that you meet the necessary criteria we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter in an envelope marked “Private & Confidential addressee only”, to:
Phil Hodges, Lings Solicitors, 110 George V Avenue, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 5RR.
We will only process personal information that you supply to us for the sole purpose of dealing with your application. Unless you are the successful candidate, or you give us express permission, we will dispose of your personal information six months after the end of the recruitment process.
We are always on the lookout for qualified people who we can call on to provide support in our practice areas. We are very flexible as to where, when and how people work as long as client care, confidentiality and conflicts of interest are not jeopardised. Please get in touch to set up an informal chat about how being a Locum for Lings Solicitors may benefit you.