An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Receptionist to join our busy practice in Worthing.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to provide a full professional reception service together with general office administration and secretarial support including dictation, to enhance our offering of a modern and efficient customer focused service.
There will also be occasional opportunities to work away from the office supporting fee earners with current clients.
As you would expect, impeccable reception skills are essential in this role, ensuring the highest levels of client care, accuracy & confidentiality.
Your experience in law and the ability to get your head around complex legal terminology will give you a distinct advantage.
- Giving confidence to clients that they will be led to the most appropriate person to answer their issue and get the best outcome possible;
- Presenting, promoting and selling services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers;
- Meeting and greeting the clients in person and on the telephone, answering or referring enquiries, taking messages on behalf of the fee earners or referring them to secretaries/fee earner directly;
- Making appointments and obtaining client details to confirm appointment in writing;
- Assisting fee earners with current clients’ needs including occasional house calls;
- Maintaining client records in the management system ensuring we have phone numbers and addresses and updated as and when required;
- Maintaining a high standard of security in respect of client data, confidentiality, cyber-crime etc. – training will be provided;
- Maintaining the telephone system by following and liaising with the supplier/manufacturer’s instructions;
- Maintaining a safe and clean reception area complying with procedures, rules and regulations;
- Ensuring that marketing material is appropriate displayed and readily available for client use;
- Working with colleagues to ensure strong communications, documenting actions, irregularities and continuing needs;
- Contributing to team effort accomplishing results and improvements for the firm;
- Dealing with suppliers, ordering stationery, arranging for arching files to be stored, arranging for confidential waste to be shredded;
- Photocopying, scanning, and general office duties; and
- Additional secretarial support and transcribing dictation, when the need arises.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be able to demonstrate that they are a highly competent user of the Micro Soft Office suite of programs, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel, together with PDF documents;
- Be able to offer secretarial and audio and copy typing services;
- Be adept in the use of scanners;
- Be able to relate well to clients, it being desirable to relate well to mature clients;
- Display discretion, trustworthiness, reliability, pro-activity, calmness under pressure and great communication skills;
- Have experience of the use of an electronic management system, with the use of LEAP being highly desirable;
- Be a proactive and forward thinker able to anticipate client and Fee Earner requirements and respond appropriately, consistently and in line with practice policy. It is essential that you can differentiate between when to take independent action and when to seek input from the Fee Earner, displaying sound judgement and strong organisational skills including diary management;
- Contribute and share ideas in consultation with the team; and
- Be resourceful and confident; supportive and collaborative, organised and efficient, with a positive, can-do attitude.
Please send your CV and a covering letter marked ‘Private & Confidential’ to:
110 George V Avenue
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated starting date: ASAP
Applications are welcome from candidates who would like to job share, working full days for part of the week.
We are always on the lookout for qualified people who we can call on to provide support in our practice areas. We are very flexible as to where, when and how people work as long as client care, confidentiality and conflicts of interest are not jeopardised. Please get in touch to set up an informal chat about how being a Locum for Lings Solicitors may benefit you.